DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Screen door...Where to get it?

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  danpik 
#1 ·
Hi to all.

I'm a novice Handyman (HandyBoy!) and have done jobs over the years which have had various solutions. This one seems to be a stumper that I do not want to spend too much time on.

This lady has a condo. She wants to let the air circulate by having a hinged screen door which would be attached to (jam?) on the inside since the existing door is exterior.

I want to find a simple cost effective hinged screen door that I can attach to the inside as we have talked about. I have not been able to do so on the internet and am now deferring to you for the where.

I've already told her that I think this door is about a $100. It would be made of wood and have screen material with hinges.

Thank you.

#3 ·
Retractable Screen

Eric - A hinged screen door is unsightly and burdensome to open and close each and every time one uses the door. Consider using a retractable screen instead of a hinged screen door. They can be installed with either vertical or horizontal pulls.

There are several manufacturers; just run a search on "retractable screen". REgards

#4 ·
Eric - A hinged screen door is unsightly and burdensome to open and close each and every time one uses the door. Consider using a retractable screen instead of a hinged screen door. They can be installed with either vertical or horizontal pulls.

There are several manufacturers; just run a search on "retractable screen". REgards
RichardE,

I have seen those.

That is a Very good suggestion.

#6 ·
Hi to all.
This lady has a condo. She wants to let the air circulate by having a hinged screen door which would be attached to (jam?) on the inside since the existing door is exterior. It would be made of wood and have screen material with hinges.

Thank you.
One thing you might want too mention to her is safety. If a potentially unsafe situation develops with someone coming to the door. . . say she wants to close the door, will she then open the screen door & reach for the wood door?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.