DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Scratch on front glass of mirror

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  yeldra 
#1 ·
Any advice on how to remove/make better scratch on front glass of mirror?

#4 ·
I believe I would still first contact a glass shop. They often go to homes to install windows and such, if they have a way to buff or polish it, It mostly likely could be done in place. I would think some info could be gathered on the phone at least to see if is possible. I have noticed on may scratches in translucent (i have mostly tried on plastics) materials scratches are less noticed with a good coat of car wax. I not sure if this would help or hurt your situation though.

#5 ·
try silicone

you can get it at home imp store or fish supply store (they sell it to repair fish tanks, you will need a flat box cutter or flat razor blade, put a very small amt like pea size at one end of the scratch and drag it with the blade. continue until it is filled. clean very well with blade let set on its own, about an hour later you will have to scrape it again. worked for me. be very careful and dont get cut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.