Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-18-2009, 12:58 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

RUUD Furnace

I have two RUUD furnaces in the house. About three months ago both stopped working so I called the company that installed them and the guy talked me through some trouble shooting. Turns out the filters were hard to identify so they got a bit dirty. I cleaned them and had to remove a little tube that is in the upper left hand corner behind the top door, puff a little air and the things kicked on.

After that all was well for a while, but now I find myself having to remove or jiggle this tube on a regular basis to get the furnace to kick on. I know that if I call the company again they are going to want to come make a service call and I am trying to save a couple of bucks as money is tight right now.

Basically, I know the problem area and am looking for some input as to what I need to do to get the furnaces running reliably again. I am pretty handy and think that with the right input I could figure this out.

Thanks for the help.

PS: Filters are clean.

Meatface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:35 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

RUUD Furnace

To truely fix this issue, you really need to know what this ,"little tube" is and what it does.
Did you also post this in the HVAC forum?
Ron

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000

RUUD Furnace

Well, you may be handy but I guess I'm surprising you by echoing what Ron said above: there is an HVAC forum...go there.

But it sounds - because we don't know - that (a) you have gas furnace and that (b) you have condensation in that little tube you mentioned and that (c) you cleaned it out.

Now I suggest you read that forum, search for these keywords and find out more about your particular situation - and help us to help you.
“The average American woman is about 25 pounds heavier than she was in 1960...Recognizing obesity as a disease will help change the way the medical community tackles this complex issue that affects approximately 1 in 3 Americans,”
ccarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote