Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Replacing tile backsplash

Sorry if this has been covered before, I'm new to this forum.. And new to remodeling

I bought my first condo about 6 months ago and I started working on the kitchen recently. I knocked down a wall, and tried drywalling for the first time (yikes that's hard stuff). I was planning on replacing the tile backsplash down the road, but I needed to get a little more space to do the cornerbead for the last bit of drywall I'd put up yesterday so I tried to chip off some of the tiles. Well, a bunch of drywall came with the tile and my newly finished wall has a big hole now

Is there some trick to separating tile from the drywall? I REALLY don't want to have to cut out the drywall and patch all the walls.. I haven't textured or painted the other drywall yet so at this point I don't know if my job is "passable" or "call a pro".

SecretAsianMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Replacing tile backsplash

If the tile was properly installed, you will need to remove both the the tile and the drywall. As a result, you'll learn how to repair drywall. Think of it as, experience in DIY.
Ron

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote