Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-21-2007, 12:46 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Replacing Front Door Lock

I have an Anglian upvc front door with a multi locking system which needs to have the lock changed due to a lost key. I have a feeling that to let Anglian replace it would be very expensive (call out fee etc). Would a reputable locksmith be able to fit it for me? The door is out of warranty, so it shouldn't cause a problem with Anglian.

hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:11 PM   #2
Eibwen

Looks like the cylinder in that is what we would call in the states an export cylinder. Common in Europe and used in the states more and more in storm door type applications. I would suggest a local locksmith to either rekey it or replace the cylinder versus calling the mfg. The mfg will probably do it, but it would cost a lot more. In fact, a local lockshop may be able to sell you a new cylinder that you can replace yourself. Most are only held in place by a single screw through the edge of the door.

Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:25 PM   #3
carpentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Looks like the cylinder in that is what we would call in the states an export cylinder. Common in Europe and used in the states more and more in storm door type applications. I would suggest a local locksmith to either rekey it or replace the cylinder versus calling the mfg. The mfg will probably do it, but it would cost a lot more. In fact, a local lockshop may be able to sell you a new cylinder that you can replace yourself. Most are only held in place by a single screw through the edge of the door.
If applicable, have him do all the doors so you can use the same key.
WNYcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote