DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Replacing Double-Pane Windows

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Scuba_Dave 
#1 ·
My girlfriend and I are moving from our apartment on the 2nd floor to the same unit on the 6th - nicer view, better plumbing, fixtures, etc. Everything is fine but for the moisture that has formed between the panes of our double-pane windows. I've done some research that has said (for the most part) replacement is the only option. To avoid the price of replacing with *new* windows I figured I'd just take the windows out of my current apartment, haul them upstairs and install them there, bring the upstairs down - you get the idea. One problem though - how do I do this? I dont want to cause damage and have to pay for *two* sets in the end, instead of just one. The sizes seem uniform throughout the building so I'm not worried about measurements but I noticed a pin at the bottom of the window unit on either side attached with screws and a washer but also a "coil" looking piece on the right side of the window. There are buttons on the top of the windows that allow me to pull them out but the bottom still stays in - I assume I just have to unscrew the pins and pull the units out but again, i've never done this. Any advice would be appreciated - thanks all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.