DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   General DIY Discussions (
-   -   Replacement Part - What is it Called (

Ada01 12-15-2011 02:27 PM

Replacement Part - What is it Called
I am looking for a replacement part, for a light, I know they exist, I have seen them before, but when I search for them, I get places that are selling them as final products.

I am looking for the galvanized "cage and glass" part that is in the picture here:

The glass needs to be clear.


Bud Cline 12-15-2011 03:04 PM

The cage and glass are commonly used with wall fixtures in walk-in refrigerators and freezers in restaurants and hotels, laboratory environments, locker rooms in athletic stadiums and schools. They may be classed also as "explosion-proof" fixtures. I would think any "industrial" lighting supply company would have them. Maybe even Grainger would stock them.

Thurman 12-15-2011 03:14 PM

The company I work for uses these in dusty area, paper making lint to be specific. We order them from a local "Lowes Electrical Supply" house, not to be confuse with Lowe's Builders Supply. They appear to be the same as the picture. I do know that we order only the cage and glass parts as at times scissor lifts seem to hit them and the operator has no clue as to how this happened. :whistling2:

Bondo 12-15-2011 03:27 PM

Ayuh,.... Here ya go....

My guess is yer 1st task is to ID the Oem of the fixture...

Bud Cline 12-15-2011 03:30 PM

Ah-ha! I thought so.:)

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1