Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Removal of Brick Exterior Facade

How much is usually charged for the removal of brick and mortar facade from the exterior of a three bedroom single story single family home? The foundation is pier and beam.

Also, I'm installing a 53 ft. x 5 ft chain link fence, with four end posts, a gate and two gate posts. In addition, I'm having a 20 foot ramp broken down and stair added to the deck where the ramp is located. I'm also installing and repairing two door frames to the home and garage. Does anyone know if $1600 bid is too much for this?

Old 03-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,054

No one here is going to even guess on the subject of pricing.
Best you can do is get some local prices.
The people on this site could be from anyplace in the world, no one has seen the job, know what local labor rates are. ECT.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 552

Yes, that is correct, mam.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Rewards Points: 2,000

First off, unfortunately, neither of those are actually DIY related questions (which is what this site is about).

Both questions are - "how much will it cost me to hire someone else to do the work...." Questions.

Secondly, there are SO MANY unknown cost variables.

THE POINT IS: THERE IS NO WAY TO "BALLPARK" OR "EVALUATE" PROJECT PRICING OVER THE INTERNET = PERIOD.

This is constantly emphasized on this site. So, much so, that it has been made a sticky:

The Link can be found here: "How much will it cost?" Asking for price estimates here.

Quote:
Questions involving pricing, such as – “How Much” certain projects cost – cannot be properly answered simply by information posted on an internet forum (regardless of how much information is supplied in a particular post).

Thread closed.

(POST IS NOT "DIY" RELATED)