Regain Luster On Composite Deck - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:22 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Regain luster on composite deck

I have a 5 year old deck that has a composite deck surface. The composite is made up of recycled PVC/PVC resin products (plastic shopping bags/soda bottles, etc.). It is actully really nice looking, great to work with, has held it's color and worn very well. The only complaint I have is that after a few years it began looking very dull. You can see 'scuffs' where deck furniture is moved around it.

Is there any product that can bring back the vibrant look with out leaving it slippery like an ice rink, or peel off? I think there must be something out there that will make it look fresh again.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Woodcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Regain luster on composite deck

Contact the manufacturer for guidance. They should be able to suggest products compatible with theirs.
Ron

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote