Red Devil-Create-a-color-caulk ?? - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Red Devil-Create-a-color-caulk ??

This is a fairly new product that allows you to custom mix caulking compound to any color. I'm wondering if it would be suitable for caulking a shower with dusty rose tile/grout. It needs caulking as well as grout and I've been using clear silicon for tub/tile But clear seems to only last about a year and then you can see dark spots of mold behind it. Even when it's new, it still doesn't look great. I would much prefer doing it in the same kind of color as everything else.

So, has anybody tried it, does it work and would it work for a shower application? I sent emails to reddevil.com but no reply.

Link: http://www.reddevil.com/products.cfm?c=cs&cat=1
Description
A patent pending, premium quality caulk developed specially for use with Create A Color Caulk Mixers, to achieve an exact color match by adding paint to the caulk.
Key Features

Excellent Adhesion

Easy Mixing w/ Create A Color Mixers
Excellent Color Match @ 24 hrs Drying
Water Clean Up
Low Odor
40 Year Durability Caulk
VOC Compliant
Uses

For use anywhere around the home where an exact color match to a paint color is required. Adheres to most common construction substrates

Advertisement

ROB M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
DIY'er

Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB M View Post
This is a fairly new product that allows you to custom mix caulking compound to any color. I'm wondering if it would be suitable for caulking a shower with dusty rose tile/grout. It needs caulking as well as grout and I've been using clear silicon for tub/tile But clear seems to only last about a year and then you can see dark spots of mold behind it. Even when it's new, it still doesn't look great. I would much prefer doing it in the same kind of color as everything else.

So, has anybody tried it, does it work and would it work for a shower application? I sent emails to reddevil.com but no reply.

Link: http://www.reddevil.com/products.cfm?c=cs&cat=1
Description
A patent pending, premium quality caulk developed specially for use with Create A Color Caulk Mixers, to achieve an exact color match by adding paint to the caulk.
Key Features

Excellent Adhesion

Easy Mixing w/ Create A Color Mixers
Excellent Color Match @ 24 hrs Drying
Water Clean Up
Low Odor
40 Year Durability Caulk
VOC Compliant
Uses

For use anywhere around the home where an exact color match to a paint color is required. Adheres to most common construction substrates
I would call them and talk to there technical support about a wet area application. Let us know what you find out:

Red Devil, Inc.
4175 Webb Street
Pryor, OK 74361
Toll Free: 1-800-4A-DEVIL (1-800-423-3845 select option 1)
Phone: (918) 825-5744
Fax: (918) 825-5761
info@reddevil.com

Jamie

Advertisement

jamiedolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

I seriously doubt that it would be a good idea in a shower where constant moisture and mold/mildew are issues.

Tile stores have sanded and unsanded caulk to match just about any color of grout made. Sometimes box stores have a few colors but tile suppliers typically have an excellent selection. These caulks are shower-appropriate.
Termite is offline   Reply With Quote