Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-19-2008, 12:05 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Rebath?

Has anyone used or know about this company? They remodel tubs/showers by installing a custom fit liner over the existing tub or shower. I had a couple of questions regarding the company.

1. Has anyone used them and if so what is your review?
2. Is a bathtub liner a good idea or is it just better to replace the entire tub? I currently have a tub/shower insert and would like to update it. I currently own a townhouse but my goal is to own a house eventually so I don't plan on staying here forever.

Thanks in advance.

www.rebath.com

CD08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:09 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Rebath?

Re-bath is ok if you only have one bathroom and can't be without it during a more comprehensive remodeling project. They install a fitted shell over your existing tub. Their prices are incredibly high from what I've seen. But, it would also be expensive to have the tub itself replaced.

If you can stand it, I'd suggest getting bids on a replacement tub before going with a liner.

If you do, please let us know what you discover. I know my old tub was going to cost over $1200 for re-bath to do it (my wife checked, not me). I could easily replace it for much less than that.

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote