Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

real full stones and resin countertops

I viewed a video on "this old house" about bathrooms and they showed a real stone (looked to be oval white stones) in resin countertop for the bathroom. I haven't been able to locate that material/countertop and wonder if anyone has an idea of where to buy.

I know you can go all routes with stone material but this countertop was great in that they said it really felt like a stone top imbeded in resin.

Here is the link:http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/vide...632345,00.html

design511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:08 PM   #2

looks like a custom made peice from stones of your choice and "mirror coat". it's a thick 2 part epoxy self leveling liquid that dries rock hard and clear.

You could do it yourself with a simple melamine form, and undermount sink. Just pick your stones, fill you form and add the rocks. I'd try a separate box first to see how the stones lay or "Drop" through the liquid. You may be better off to lay the stones in first and then pour your cocktail.

BenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #3

I just discovered this post (a year too late) but we offer this inlaid pebble countertop. Many different colors of pebbles, 2 thicknesses, also comes in tiles. Just so unique and gorgeous. We have actually created a floating shower seat from this material and it is much more comfortable and warmer to sit on than stone!! Thank you Dana
csidetile is offline   Reply With Quote