DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   General DIY Discussions (http://www.diychatroom.com/f2/)
-   -   Protecting your dumpster (http://www.diychatroom.com/f2/protecting-your-dumpster-109875/)

Clutchcargo 07-06-2011 05:49 PM

Protecting your dumpster
 
What do you do to protect your dumpster when your not home?
I could set up a surveillance system using web-cams but unless it's someone I know, it won't do any good.

Somebody left me an old Dunlop tire probably from an antique vehicle. Now it's mine, I get to pay to get rid of it. Effing a$$holes!

12penny 07-06-2011 06:36 PM

About all you can do is keep it covered. And maybe a couple "hazardous waste" or "bio waste" signs placed strategically on all sides.:wink:

Had someone dump a few garbage bags in MY dumpster at a commercial tenent fit out I was doing. Stupid bas***** threw out their mail in the same bags. Promptly loaded them in the truck and put them back on their front porch. They would have to move them to get into their house.

Not sure who they think pays for them.

kwikfishron 07-06-2011 06:41 PM

They have dumpsters with lock tops.:whistling2:

Leah Frances 07-06-2011 06:46 PM

12 Penny - totally funny.

thomasjmarino 07-06-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12penny (Post 681043)
About all you can do is keep it covered. And maybe a couple "hazardous waste" or "bio waste" signs placed strategically on all sides.:wink:

Had someone dump a few garbage bags in MY dumpster at a commercial tenent fit out I was doing. Stupid bas***** threw out their mail in the same bags. Promptly loaded them in the truck and put them back on their front porch. They would have to move them to get into their house.

Not sure who they think pays for them.

Good for you!!!! :thumbsup:
I would have done the same thing!! :censored:

thomasjmarino 07-06-2011 07:24 PM

If there is one thing that totally pisses me off, this is it! :censored:
I have to go buy tarps to fit the top of the dumpster.
Thing is all dumpsters are different sizes, even the same yarders.

Best part of the whole thing is that 99% of the time I take the sh*t out, put it to the curb and the garbage guys take it.

A-holes who throw their trash in our dumpsters are either stupid, lazy or both.

Of course, you occasionally get the amateur contractor who is working without insurance and for peanuts so he waits till later in the day to try to find a dumpster to throw out his debris.

Seen that more than once.

Oh, and the best is since I work in a resort area every summer you get a dirtbag or two who picks up their dogs sh*t, puts it into a plastic bag and throws it in someone's dumpster.

Amazing!! :no:

jeffrow1 07-06-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutchcargo (Post 681019)
What do you do to protect your dumpster when your not home?
I could set up a surveillance system using web-cams but unless it's someone I know, it won't do any good.

Somebody left me an old Dunlop tire probably from an antique vehicle. Now it's mine, I get to pay to get rid of it. Effing a$$holes!

:):) We have rented dumpsters for remodeling several times, have learned to pay the extra $10 or so to get a larger one. The lady across the street is always either adding or subtracting.

Clutchcargo 07-06-2011 08:41 PM

This is the 5th one, never had a problem. This is a 15 yd with 2 tons included. My dumpsters always go out heavy and never have extra room. Anything additional is straight out of my pocket.
I covered it with a tarp and lassoed a rope around it. Hopefully it's enough to dissuade dumpster space theft. Still doesn't stop anyone from just throwing something right on top of the tarp.

Ron6519 07-06-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffrow1 (Post 681097)
:):) We have rented dumpsters for remodeling several times, have learned to pay the extra $10 or so to get a larger one. The lady across the street is always either adding or subtracting.

Curious as to the size bump up you get for, " the extra $10 or so"?

firehawkmph 07-06-2011 10:21 PM

I have a friend that has a business of supplying dump trailers to jobsites. I stack up the debris neatly in the garage and then call him. He backs right up and I load up the trailer and he's gone. No scrapes on the concrete or cracks. He can handle up to 14 yards with the larger trailer. Costs me about half of what a dumpster costs.
Mike Hawkins:)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved