Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-05-2006, 11:21 AM   #1

Share |
Question

Privacy Filters for Windows

Hey Everybody,

In my new apartment, there are 4 windows located about 15 feet off the floor. They let in a lot of light, which is great, but give the buildings next door a full view of my apartment. I thought about putting blinds in the windows, but it would be a pain to open them, and I can't afford 4 sets of automatic blinds.

That got me thinking...could I buy a some sort of filter that allows me to look out the window with no problem, yet no one else can look in? If so, what do you call it, where can I buy it, and how much does it cost?

Thanks for the help.
spam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:50 PM   #2

Privacy Filters for Windows

You could buy (car) window tint at any retailer or auto parts store. I would not attach it to the window but rather open the upper part of the window and insert a small part of the window tint and then close the window. Then let the rest just hang down to cover the lower part of the window.

It is about $10 to $15 dollars depending on the size. This should do a few windows.
redline is offline   Reply With Quote