Preparing Outdoor Wood Porch Floor - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Preparing Outdoor Wood Porch Floor

In the past prior to painting floor I would fill any cracks or spaces in the the wood that has delvelop over the winter from expansion and contraction.

I used what I believe was an acrylic material to accomplish this and it has worked well. It was a paste and I applied it with a brush and was quick drying.

I purchased it at Lowe's but I no longer can find it there. The associates think I am dreaming when I describe it. It was in a gallon can with a blue and white label I believe.

Would anyone be familiar with this and know where I can find it? Thanks!

Advertisement

TFSpaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:33 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 662

I've never heard of that before. Personaly I'd never fill the cracks, the reason being once the wood swells again it's going to split the wood because it have no place to expand.
But if I was filling the cracks I'd use what I think is called Burmans Water Puddy. Mix in small batches because it hardens fast. Once it hardens in a few min. it's real easy to sand and will paint over perfect.
I use it all the time when I'm trying to fill in the old hindge mortises and latch plate areas after reversing the swing on old doors. Once done you can not see where it was done.

Advertisement

joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
old guy contractor

Rewards Points: 502

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
But if I was filling the cracks I'd use what I think is called Burmans Water Puddy.
I use it all the time when I'm trying to fill in the old hindge mortises and latch plate areas after reversing the swing on old doors.
I used to use Burman's all the time.....
until the painter turned me onto Bondo.............
tcleve4911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 662

Bondos fine except I keep loosing the hardner, so I use Burmans. I can always find water to mix that with. lol
joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joecaption For This Useful Post:
tcleve4911 (12-04-2011)