Post A Picture Of Your Current Project! - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-18-2009, 05:10 AM   #1
General Contractor

Rewards Points: 500

Post a Picture of Your Current Project!

We have a thread for contractors on the main forum, for current projects...it started as a "take a picture Friday of what we are working on" idea, and has grown into a pretty big deal.

Those of you that are involved in a DIY endeavor, please, take a moment to shoot a few pictures and post them with a description of what you are doing. You might be surprised at the feedback you get, and a picture is worth a 1000 words.

I am not a DIY'er obviously, but I will start this thread off with a shot of one of my current projects, where I was yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-bristow3-00603.jpg  

Advertisement

joasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:06 AM   #2
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Rewards Points: 2,000

Not exactly DIY for us, but here are some Home Improvement projects from this past week.

Project: Deck and balcony frame re-building/improvements with installation of Mahogany deck boards and railings

Replacement of old slider/ repair of rotted areas

Skylight Installation (Flashing is temporary):

Re-roof:

Advertisement

Old 07-18-2009, 09:10 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

My ongoing project (actually my whole house) 24x36 garage, 24x36 great room, 19x24 walk up attic
This ties into my ~16x16 sunroom that is open to the kitchen
The whole house renovation project in 4th year of work
Hope to be finishing a lot up by the end of next year

A small 6x12 balcony will go off the triple doors
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 150

Mold found in the wet wall started this unscheduled project. Now we're doing an all-new front bathroom, complete kitchen remodel and re-framing the front of the house, new roofing, complete new plumbing, electrical, and gas lines to top it all off... Basically, after this is done, we'll have an all-new house!!

Old 07-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 250

Bought this house last year after we looked at it 30 years ago and couldn't afford it then. Took the carpeting off the stairs and am in the process of refinishing them. You can see the sanded risers and the stripped skirt boards. Using my Fein sander to sand the tread area my ROS won't reach under the overhang of each tread above it. That amounts to about and inch and going to use the ROS for the parts it can reach. Decided to completely strip the skirt boards because someone had previously painted over some big clumps of.. well I'm not sure what it was. The treads are flat sawed pine (floors in the house are pine but are edge sawed) and thought about covering them with a thin layer of hardwood like cherry or maple but going to see how the pine turns out after refinishing. Considering using a runner just to keep noise down. No sneaking up these stair once the carpet came off.
Attached Thumbnails
Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-stairs1.jpg   Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-stairs2.jpg  
Mike in Arkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
Theres more then one way.

You guys do really nice work, great pictures.

My project, adding a 22x22 addition to my place.

In 2006 started with:

Heres some pics from last Nov, addition on the right

back side

Heres how is sits as of a few days ago...

And for every thing in-between
pics...
http://photos.joescove.com/index.php?cat=4

http://photos.joescove.com/index.php?cat=3

http://photos.joescove.com/thumbnails.php?album=8

Thread here at the diy forum...
22x22 addition, basement workshop, mater bedroom above.

_

My current learning experience - 22x22 addition - Work shop, music-room, master bedroom above..
iMisspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #7
New diyer

Rewards Points: 10

Here's my current project.

Very small bathroom remodel. I have just enough room for a 5 foot tub, toilet and pedestal sink.
Attached Thumbnails
Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-photo.jpg  
freight dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:07 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 1,000

Was an aluminum canopy that failed to support the snow load.
I built it by myself and amazed my kids, as I've been drawing my government pension for over ten years!
Attached Thumbnails
Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-before.jpg   Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-between.jpg   Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-after.jpg  
Wildie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #9
Drafting and Design

Thumbs up

That last one is the 3D view I did for the project manager. It turned out just like the specs called out, using Chief Architect

more on my website: www.davidmichaeldesigns.com

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-arrist1.jpg   Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-arrist6.jpg   Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-arrist7.jpg  
DMDz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #10
wood hobbyist

Rewards Points: 25

I got tired of my kids going to everybodys house to swim, then con us into a sleep over. So I put all of this in the backyard to keep them home and to keep an eye on them better. I contracted my own pool guy, got my own electrician, did my own plumbing with a friend. Contracted my own concrete guy. Did all of the landscaping brick work, and the stone work myself thur the winter. Built a 20X16 outdoorkitchen/bathhouse/pavillon,with my dad, (thanks Dad) got my family envloved picking up stones and dealing with me thur the winter. So far its paid off my kids are home and I'm still married to the same women!
Plus less grass to mow now.
Attached Thumbnails
Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-august-2008-025.jpg   Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-august-2008-028.jpg   Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-august-2009-010.jpg   Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-august-2009-014.jpg  
weberus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #11

Congrats weberus3! It looks beautiful!!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #12

Love your pool..great job!
Tsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:14 AM   #13

Rewards Points: 75

Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-back-20view.jpg

Before I started...Before I actually moved in.

Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-joists.jpg

Framed and attached the joists over the concrete slab

Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-framed-ready.jpg

Reinforced all the joists, sunk my 4x4's and concreted them in for support.

Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-deckboards.jpg

Here I was laying the deckboards...

Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-finished.jpg

All done, with the exception of one board. I was a bit off, but with everything done after another full day of work, my wife was so nice and bought a furniture set that HAD to be assembled. My work never stops!!!

Tell me what you think.
Daddyshammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #14

wow, you guys have some big projects and are doing really nice work. My latest project is for my old house that I am fixing up while the market is bad. This kitchen started as a disaster - acoustic tile cieling with plaster/wood lathe.

When i took the ceiling down there was an inch or two of Coal dust up there! I also refinished the 1920's sink. The job is not quite done yet (I still have the floor to put in) but it is close.

The ceiling I put in uses beaded 3/4 inch plywood in 4x4 sections with routed 1x3's and rosettes. It turned out way better than I expected.
Attached Thumbnails
Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-f3008_1_102_ph.jpg   Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-f3008_1_101_ph.jpg   Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-f3008_1_103_ph.jpg   Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-f3008_1_104_ph.jpg  
lrowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #15

Here's a few pics from a little project I have going....will likely never end. approx 2400 sq ft house, that was built around a trailer....complete with 6-8 ceilings at the exterior walls and a "fire-trap" electrical system. Scope: Added beams to support the raised ceilings. Poured footings to support the newly distributed loads, reframe every wall in the house due to a "hinge" condition at the old ceiling height. Reframed / added peak over front entry. All new interior surfaces Hired out: approx 75-80% of the framing, 80% of the insulation, HVAC ducting (I know a guy), HVAC installation, gas pipe run, granite counter tops, and stucco. DIY:.....everything else (framing, windows, roofing, electrical, structured wiring, plumbing, drywall, tile, flooring, all finish carpentry, and beer drinking.
Attached Thumbnails
Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-p1000175.jpg   Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-trailer.jpg   Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-p1000189.jpg   Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-old-kitchen.jpg   Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-old-kitchen.jpg  

Post a Picture of Your Current Project!-p1020643.jpg  

Advertisement

steve1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookcase , craftsmanship! , mantel