DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   General DIY Discussions (
-   -   Plug-in Receptacle? (

prc114 12-22-2009 03:24 PM

Plug-in Receptacle?
Hi all,

I saw an ad for the "power bridge solution" which uses a "reversed outlet" i.e., you plug the female end of an extension cord in to give the receptacle power which then goes to the wires/etc.

Is this a new type of receptacle? Or are those available elsewhere? (I just want the power receptacle, not the t.v. stuff).


HandyPete 12-22-2009 04:18 PM

Cool Product! If you want just the receptacle you need to find a "Clock Receptacle" it's recessed just like the one in the photo.


jerryh3 12-22-2009 05:19 PM

Monoprice has a similar one for a little less. It still has the pass through for the LV wires, though. I used it to connect my tv to a ups/surge protector.

Scuba_Dave 12-22-2009 05:40 PM

$100 :eek:

I'll just connect a recessed outlet behind the TV myself
YUp - get a clock receptacle

The advantage I see to this setup is that you can plug it into a UPS

brokenknee 12-22-2009 05:50 PM

edit: uncalled for comment. Should have check OP other post before commenting.

My apologies. :blush:

Scuba_Dave 12-22-2009 05:58 PM

If that is the case then spammers have a new method based on his other posts :laughing:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1