I have a set of propane gas logs. Each season, in order to get them to relight, I have to undo the connections, blow them out and relight the unit.
I've just done that, and the unit is working. But I've noticed the end of the pilot light tube is orange (heat).
I have not noticed this in previous years. Fireplace seems to be working fine but I'm concerned about this tube being too hot.
Is this a safety hazard? I would anticipate this tube will melt/disingrate over time.
Thanks for any help.
The tip should be in the flame and orange is OK. There should be flame impingment about 3/4 of the length from the end. And yes, the tube will melt/disintegrate over time. When that happens, replace the thermocouple.