Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #1

Share |

Piers in crawl space

Recently had structural engineer tell me I need piers in my crawl space. House is 30 years old and some drywall cracks have started to appear in the same spots on 2 floors, basically down the middle of the house. Also, the crawl space has been taking on water during heavy rains, accumulating in a corner (house is on a slope). Termite guys said need to install a sump pump. Engineer said not necessary, just need to put a drain at that corner out to yard and improve drainage around house. Think I can do that part, the drainage part. But want someone else to put the drain through the cinder block out to daylight in the yard. who to hire to do that? And who to hire to do piers? The report is pretty specific about type of piers, how many, locations, concrete footers, how deep to bury them, etc.. But who has this kind of experience? I am in Raleigh NC. Any recommendations? Licensed and bonded pros only for this stuff. Need guarantees for this kind of work. Thanks.
Thanks

dfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #2

Piers in crawl space

Sounds kind of specialized.
For starters- Ask your engineer, local building centers(not the box stores), and Contractor Association for names of good contractors,

Old 07-30-2013, 06:23 AM   #3

Piers in crawl space

I would seem to me that any foundation contractor should be able to do what you need. When my foundation was built, the piers were put in at the same time by the same company.
md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote