Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 192
Share |

Pianting story

Another funny story.
We were working on a job to finish the second story on a moduler home and the same time a painter was suppost to be painting the whole down stairs.
He yells up stairs and tells me he's leaving and he's all done painting.
Later one of my guys gores down stairs to use the bathroom and tells me he painted everything but the one 1/2 bathroom.
I called the painter and asked him if he was coming back to paint it. He said he was to busy and would pay one of my guys $200.00 to paint it.
I asked him where the paint was and he told me it was in the laundry room and it was the only one with no label on it.
I give the paint to the kid and ask him to paint it and he can keep the money.
An hour later he calls back almost crying saying there's something really wrong with the paint and I needed to come back to look at it.
When I get there the roller and his paint brush were stuck to the wall. We had to chisle them off the wall.
We never did figure out what was in that can but it sure made a good glue what ever it was.

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 40

Pianting story

Did you ever hear from the original painter again?

gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #3

Pianting story

Sure did. I came across his work three more times.
Seems he had some left over Hunter green paint and kept talking customers into letting them paint the outside trim green.
Two of them had full view storm doors over steel doors in direct sun.
Both failed because they got so hot, one had to be replaced because it had melted the window gasket.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:45 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 40

Pianting story

I wonder if this kind of stuff shows up on Angie's List, if someone searches for his name or company name.

gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #5

Pianting story

That Angies list is a joke.
I have semi retired and was just working on some of my own propertys and got low on money so went on there and found a contractor with great ratings so I gave him a call, got the job.
I show up on the job which was to completly redo a 100 plus year old house, all new windows, new siding, 1000 ft. of fencing plus a ton of other stuff.
When I get there he had no tools on site no materials and only one employee there.
The next day he shows up with one extention ladder and one step ladder, a small box of nails and one bad of Sakrete and no post hole diggers or fencing.
The third day a truck delivers a load of finger jointed primed pine 1 X 4's.
That's what he wanted me to use to build out all the windows to be wrapped.
When I got paid he shorted me $8.00 an hour on my pay check from what he told me I was going to get paid.
So I quit.