Pellet Stove Help - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-29-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
liscenced electrician

Rewards Points: 514

pellet stove help

Im having trouble with my pellet stove. Its an older stove from the 80's. It doesn't seem to burn the pellets hot enough. After a few hours, with the feed rate as slow as possible, the burn box seems to get very full. This makes the fire almost smolder instead of being hot, because there is too many pellets to burn. If i put it on faster burn rate it will go so overflown with pellets that it will put the fire out completely. What could be some causes of my pellets not burning hot enough?

im going to try another brand of pellets, but the kind i have should be ok. They are "americas best" pellets
http://www.woodpelletreviews.com/Rev...d-Pellets.html

Advertisement

jimmy21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,548

pellet stove help

Don't pellet stoves have a fan that blows on the fire to make burn hotter? Is the fan blowing?

Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
liscenced electrician

pellet stove help

it works kinda the opposite, it is an exhaust fan that pulls the air out, forcing air to come through the intake, but ya, its working. The pellet stove works, but i think if i left it on overnight the fire would be out and when i opened the door, pellets would come pouring out

Last edited by jimmy21; 11-29-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
liscenced electrician

pellet stove help

i think i figured it out, ive been messing around with it all day. The tray on the bottom, that you pull out to clean wasn't all the way in. I noticed it had a slight gap, so i gave it some muscle and it moved a bit and tightened up, and instantly the fire in the burn pot just got super angry. Seems to be incinerating pellets now