Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #1

Share |

Pella patio door will not open

I have a Pella sliding patio door that will not open. It seems to be stuck in the corner oposite of the door handle on the bottom. I removed the lock attached to the floor and that is where it is stuck. The lock was not the issue. I am able to raise and lower the door manually and with the hight adjustment but is still stuck at this point. I can not visabally see anything blocking the door from opening. Any suggestions?

Mark

mschreiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
Mod

How old is it?

Some of them have a additional lock at the bottom, but I’m sure you would have noticed that.

Sounds like the track/rollers are grimed out. A little rock or something in there, whether you can see it or not.

Does your Pella have a piece of trim on top, held in with screws? If so you can remove that and take the panel out.

Post a picture if you can.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:34 AM   #3

The door is about 10 years old.
The door lock on the floor, which allows to partially open the patio door, was not the issue.
This issue has been resolved and the problem was in the door locking mechanism, because the door adjustment was too high on the locking latch side of the door. The door lock has two latches controlled by one lever and the lower latch was not clearing the stationary bar. After getting the door open, I was able to lower the door on the lock side which now clears the stationary bar.

One more thing to cross off the Honey-Do-List!!
mschreiner is offline   Reply With Quote