Patio Door Replacement Gorell - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-10-2007, 11:53 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Patio Door Replacement Gorell

I am having a contractor replace my slider with a Gorell vinyl swing patio door 6100 series. I was wondering if these are good quality doors. I am getting charged 2,790 for the doors and full install including hardware. I live in the Northeast. I just want to make sure this is reasonable for the type of door they are installing. If someone has had this type of patio door or have installed these type of doors I would be interested in hearing your opinion.

Thanks

Advertisement

BKCMurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #2

Gorell does have a nice patio door. I personally don't sell Gorell but have checked out there window line many of times. The price you were quoted was definitely good. I think you will be happy with the Gorell door. Remember installation is everything, you can have the best door on the market if it isn't installed correctly its worthless.
Bill

Advertisement

UnitedWindow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:12 PM   #3

United
Out of curiosity what type of windows/doors do you install, recommend?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:53 AM   #4

We sell the Great Lakes Patio Doors. We have been installing them for over 15 years and really haven't had many issues with them. Even though I don't carry the Gorell line I would recommend a Gorell over an Anderson,Pella,Home Depot, etc... I have replaced way to many of those brands over the years.
UnitedWindow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #5

Thank you for the responce. I do have a reputable contractor installing the door. I do alot of my own home repairs but this time I decided to have a professional work on this one. It's always nice to get a second opinion to alliviate some of that buyer concerns.