No Water Flowing To Fridge - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-22-2007, 11:05 PM   #1
GB

Rewards Points: 10
Unhappy

No Water Flowing To Fridge

I can usually figure stuff out, but this is really starting to bug me!

PROBLEM: water stopped flowing from the the valve in the wall, which connects to the 1/4 inch fridge supply line.

What I have done so far:
1) After turning off main (duh), I removed valve from house supply line, to check for blockage in valve. Valve is clean. Supply line is polyethylene, probably connected to a supply manifold.
2) Reinstalled valve.
3) Hoping it's a clogged line, I hooked up (with adapters & reducers) garden hose, to 1/4" tubing, to valve & backflushed water supply line several times. No help. Maybe not enough water pressure, with 1/4" tube.
4) My last idea is to remove valve & connect garden hose directly to
house supply line & back flush again. Will do this tommorrow. Assuming this doesn't work, does anyone have any ideas? I wonder though, if it is a clog, how would a 1/2" supply line become totally blocked? House is 4 years old, with municipal water supply (Las Vegas area). No other areas in house are affected.

Advertisement

garyb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 2,278

Quote:
1) After turning off main (duh), I removed valve from house supply line, to check for blockage in valve. Valve is clean. Supply line is polyethylene, probably connected to a supply manifold.
Ayuh,.........

Find Where it Comes from,+ See if you have a supply To it......

Advertisement

Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:24 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 258

Disconnect at the fridge put into a bucket- turn on valve -

This will tell you if the problem is in the fridge or supply.

If its in the fridge check the valve in there.

If the supply it is very unlikely a 1/2 inch pipe is clogged. It will likely be a valve, especially if it's a saddle type valve. Follow the poly to where if connects to the 1/2, and that will be your problem.

Last edited by tribe_fan; 12-23-2007 at 11:32 AM.
tribe_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:46 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,000

Is there valve before thsis that someone may have turned off without realizing that it supplied water to the fridge?
redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:40 PM   #5
GB

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribe_fan View Post
Disconnect at the fridge put into a bucket- turn on valve -

This will tell you if the problem is in the fridge or supply.

If its in the fridge check the valve in there.

If the supply it is very unlikely a 1/2 inch pipe is clogged. It will likely be a valve, especially if it's a saddle type valve. Follow the poly to where if connects to the 1/2, and that will be your problem.
Before my initial post, I removed valve (ball type), from 1/2" line. It was clean.
garyb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:28 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 250

Does your refrigerator have an automatic sensor that shuts down the icemaker/water unit when the internal filter is clogged or in service for too long? You did say 4 years. Most refrigerators have a small electric pump in the rear base compartment that resides in-line between the icemaker and water supply line. It automatically starts and stops as the icemaker level arm falls and rises.

Advertisement

End Grain is offline   Reply With Quote