Ninebark Summerwine Bush - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-27-2015, 12:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 22

Ninebark summerwine bush

Just bought a shrub from a nursery and within a couple of days the leaves look wilted. I watered thoroughly. I just planted it in the ground today to see if I can save it. It is on the south side but this plant should be able to withstand the sun. Anyone have any comments or tips here.

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Ninebark summerwine bush-1440695157572.jpg  

Advertisement

saxsquad29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:05 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,018

Ninebark summerwine bush

I have no advice except if a moderator could slide this down a few notches to landscape and lawn care there might be a better chance for some help.

Advertisement

Finally, he switched to a bone saw to finish the job, and at 9:17 p.m., Mountain time, the head of the greatest hitter who ever lived had been sliced off.
craig11152 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 5,196

Ninebark summerwine bush

Looks heat stressed. Even though it's rated for full sun, new plants have to adapt to their new surroundings. It should do better next year.

Keep watering it every day. You could try some shade cloth (available at big box stores) or cardboard to block the direct sun for awhile, see if it helps or call a local nursery and ask them. Just a suggestion.

Others will be along with more suggestions.
jmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:53 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 651

Ninebark summerwine bush

It's the South side and it's up against a bright white wall. Maybe rig some temporary part shade with a couple of stakes and a piece of cardboard.
ChuckF. is offline   Reply With Quote