Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008, 12:35 PM   #1
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9
Share |

newbie question

Hi everyone,
I need to move this a liitle to the right.
Can I just fill the hole with toothpicks and redrill over this area?
Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
newbie question-hole.jpg  

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:41 PM   #2
Building and plumbing
USP45's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: farmville, VA
Posts: 244

newbie question

Should work, I use a splinter of wood also when I mess up, best to place some glue into the hole and onto the toothpick(s)

USP45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2

newbie question

get a small piece of dowel and drill a hole just slightly smaller than the dowel. Put some wood glue into the hole and on the piece of dowel, drive the dowel into the hole and cut if off flush. This works when the other trick doesn't.
Jersey Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie Insulation Question: Cathedral Ceiling Battman328 Building & Construction 5 01-24-2008 05:37 PM
Newbie question about crack in PVC joint LinusInPW Plumbing 8 11-16-2007 11:25 PM
One furnace question and one thermostat question lh0628 HVAC 4 10-11-2007 10:17 PM
Newbie Question bjp Introductions 2 10-09-2006 02:37 AM

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.