DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

NEWBIE- Looking to build my own Barn Home in Idaho

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Wildie 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I stumbled across this site while looking for a barn home forum. I currently live in northern Nevada but I own 175 acres in Cambridge Idaho. Due to the recent home selling enviroment, I am unable to sell my home or even begin thinking about getting the equity out of it I could have a couple of years ago, so I am looking at building my own barn home, as opposed to using a builder on a custom hoem.

We like rustic and I am searchign for some barn home ideas on line a forum, ect.
I have done some conventional and ag barn building, but this one will require a stacked roof, (which is new to me) and lots of new stuff for me.

any suggestions on a brn home forum and similar site? Any barn home owners here.

Thanks for any advise or links.

Dave
Nevada, soon Cambridge Idaho.

#3 ·
Hello everyone. I stumbled across this site while looking for a barn home forum. I currently live in northern Nevada but I own 175 acres in Cambridge Idaho. Due to the recent home selling enviroment, I am unable to sell my home or even begin thinking about getting the equity out of it I could have a couple of years ago, so I am looking at building my own barn home, as opposed to using a builder on a custom hoem.

We like rustic and I am searchign for some barn home ideas on line a forum, ect.
I have done some conventional and ag barn building, but this one will require a stacked roof, (which is new to me) and lots of new stuff for me.

any suggestions on a brn home forum and similar site? Any barn home owners here.

Thanks for any advise or links.

Dave
Nevada, soon Cambridge Idaho.
Stacked roof? Thats new to me also! What is it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.