Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-21-2011, 10:10 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

New roof and gutter question

Just had new roof put on past 2 days. New everything above the wood (including removing 3 old leaking skylights and having holes left covered). Looks good, but they said their "gutter guy" is coming to do the gutters with the "gutter truck" tomorrow. We are getting seamless gutters with gutter apron and new downspouts. Is it normal or ok to install the gutter apron after the roof is done, or should it have been done first? Does it matter? Thanks for any input.

Slyguysmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
A Little Of Everything

Rewards Points: 1,076

If the Seamless Gutter guys know what they're doing - and I assume they do - this should be no problem.

DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:55 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Agreed, it's fine to be done after.
Hatsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

Damage to the gutter system is mitigated by doing it after the roof.
Why the concern about the sequence?
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 25

Only concerned because if what I read somewhere and the fact I don't trust people doing work anymore. Had too many issues with dishonest people. Hoping this company holds up and I can finally know who I can go to in future. So far, workers are professional. The "coordinator" needs to work on communication though. Not much of it..,
Slyguysmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguysmoke View Post
Only concerned because if what I read somewhere and the fact I don't trust people doing work anymore. Had too many issues with dishonest people. Hoping this company holds up and I can finally know who I can go to in future. So far, workers are professional. The "coordinator" needs to work on communication though. Not much of it..,
Home improvement isn't a secret. Methodology is easily found through many venues. If you do your research before a project begins, you can usually weed out the chafe from the wheat.
Ron

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote