Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #16
Rack em :)
 
NetTractorTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 26
Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Default

New Moderator: BigJim (aka jiju1943)


Congrats Big Jim. Mod'ing is a thankless job but somebody has to do it. Don't ask me how I know. LOL
Good luck with it all, overall it is a rewarding job, thankless but rewarding. Enjoy. Cheers.

NetTractorTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #17
JOATMON
 
ddawg16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: S. California
Posts: 7,277
Rewards Points: 80
Default

New Moderator: BigJim (aka jiju1943)


Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim View Post
Thanks I appreciate that DD.
That's a #4 isn't it Dawg, I am looking for a #7 or #8 but man folks are kinda proud of them. Now a #45 breaks me out in a bad drool. I would also like to have a #71 router plane, maybe in time I will find them where the price is right.
Actually, I think it's a #2...I think....I have it put up for protection...I did have the blade sharpened and I do use it now and then....

Since you like old tools....you might like this...

4' long....I got it off CL for $20



Trying to decide if I should clean it up and have it sharpened or just hang it in the garage....
__________________
"The dream is free but the hustle is sold separately."

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #18
STAFF
 
BigJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 7,406
Rewards Points: 30
Blog Entries: 1
Default

New Moderator: BigJim (aka jiju1943)


Quote:
Originally Posted by NetTractorTalk View Post
Congrats Big Jim. Mod'ing is a thankless job but somebody has to do it. Don't ask me how I know. LOL
Good luck with it all, overall it is a rewarding job, thankless but rewarding. Enjoy. Cheers.
Thanks NTT, I am enjoying helping out, I have done a few things already but I have a lot to learn yet.
__________________
New members: Please consider adding your location to your profile.

Jim
BigJim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #19
STAFF
 
BigJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 7,406
Rewards Points: 30
Blog Entries: 1
Default

New Moderator: BigJim (aka jiju1943)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg16 View Post
Actually, I think it's a #2...I think....I have it put up for protection...I did have the blade sharpened and I do use it now and then....

Since you like old tools....you might like this...

4' long....I got it off CL for $20



Trying to decide if I should clean it up and have it sharpened or just hang it in the garage....
That is a great plane, a #2 is hard to find also, now if you find a #1 those are around $1,200=$1,500.

Buddy, I would clean that bad boy up and sharpen it and use it, that is a nice saw, you got a good deal on it too.
__________________
New members: Please consider adding your location to your profile.

Jim
BigJim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #20
the Musigician
 
DangerMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I'm right here!
Posts: 10,404
Rewards Points: 0
Default

New Moderator: BigJim (aka jiju1943)


Now that you know how to ban spammers, the rest is just babysitting and changing our childish member's poopy diapers.
Welcome!

DM
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Click here to see some of my original magic tricks and trick boxes!
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #21
JOATMON
 
ddawg16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: S. California
Posts: 7,277
Rewards Points: 80
Default

New Moderator: BigJim (aka jiju1943)


Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim View Post
That is a great plane, a #2 is hard to find also, now if you find a #1 those are around $1,200=$1,500.

Buddy, I would clean that bad boy up and sharpen it and use it, that is a nice saw, you got a good deal on it too.

In that case, I won't tell you how much I paid for the plane....(free)....one of my neighbors down the street is retired....as her friends die off...she tends to give me their tools if they have any....she loves me....my wife and I look after her.....
__________________
"The dream is free but the hustle is sold separately."

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #22
STAFF
 
BigJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 7,406
Rewards Points: 30
Blog Entries: 1
Default

New Moderator: BigJim (aka jiju1943)


Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Now that you know how to ban spammers, the rest is just babysitting and changing our childish member's poopy diapers.
Welcome!

DM
Thanks DM, I really appreciate your help.
__________________
New members: Please consider adding your location to your profile.

Jim
BigJim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #23
STAFF
 
BigJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 7,406
Rewards Points: 30
Blog Entries: 1
Default

New Moderator: BigJim (aka jiju1943)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg16 View Post
In that case, I won't tell you how much I paid for the plane....(free)....one of my neighbors down the street is retired....as her friends die off...she tends to give me their tools if they have any....she loves me....my wife and I look after her.....
I think I'm going to cry, you are one lucky man.
__________________
New members: Please consider adding your location to your profile.

Jim
BigJim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #24
Mod
 
kwikfishron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kansas (NCK)
Posts: 7,447
Rewards Points: 64
Default

New Moderator: BigJim (aka jiju1943)


Congrats Jim, when DM mentioned possible Mod changes a few days back you were the first one I thought of and now here ya are.

I used to think of you just as that retired ole woodworker, now with the new handle I think I see you packing a big hardwood stick behind your back.

Good luck and have fun with all those new buttons you get to play with now.
__________________
A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words
Especially In The DIY Chatroom
kwikfishron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #25
Too Short? Cut it Again!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,635
Rewards Points: 0
Default

New Moderator: BigJim (aka jiju1943)


Quote:
Originally Posted by mae-ling View Post
fresh meat!!!!!!!!
Let us see if Big Jim can keep up with my Nigerian banking schemes. Of course I need funding and I hope he will not squash my running idea for self-applying paint.

I have found video talent and it really is an amazing product. You just roll the paint can around the driveway to get rid of major air bubbles as Ric Knows Paint suggested, open the lid, spin the one gallon can (right now it only comes in gallons) because only Bertha, our secretary, is in decent enough shape to spin a 5er.

Once you start the can spinning, it spins on its own until empty. Unlike with spray painting you do not need to mask anything off. It knows where to put paint. The one quart size only paints trim.

I know you all would like to try this legendary new product even before it is seen on TV at 2 in the morning? Quarts are just $50 and gallons are $199. You may pick any paint manufacturer color.

All I need is your name, social, birthdate and either a major credit card number of your checking or savings account routing numbers. The products ship from Uganda and are hand made by villagers that could really use the money. You may incur extra fees getting it through US Customs but we will send you an email about how to claim your purchased product.

Last edited by user1007; 10-03-2012 at 06:20 PM.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #26
STAFF
 
BigJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 7,406
Rewards Points: 30
Blog Entries: 1
Default

New Moderator: BigJim (aka jiju1943)


Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikfishron View Post
Congrats Jim, when DM mentioned possible Mod changes a few days back you were the first one I thought of and now here ya are.

I used to think of you just as that retired ole woodworker, now with the new handle I think I see you packing a big hardwood stick behind your back.

Good luck and have fun with all those new buttons you get to play with now.
Man, talk about giving some body the big head, I really do appreciate that Ron, and we appreciate all the great information you share so freely here.
__________________
New members: Please consider adding your location to your profile.

Jim
BigJim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #27
STAFF
 
BigJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 7,406
Rewards Points: 30
Blog Entries: 1
Default

New Moderator: BigJim (aka jiju1943)


Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsester View Post
Let us see if Big Jim can keep up with my Nigerian banking schemes. Of course I need funding and I hope he will not squash my running idea for self-applying paint.

I have found video talent and it really is an amazing product. You just roll the paint can around the driveway to get rid of major air bubbles as Ric Knows Paint suggested, open the lid, spin the one gallon can (right now it only comes in gallons) because only Bertha, our secretary, is in decent enough shape to spin a 5er.

Once you start the can spinning, it spins on its own until empty. Unlike with spray painting you do not need to mask anything off. It knows where to put paint. The one quart size only paints trim.

I know you all would like to try this legendary new product even before it is seen on TV at 2 in the morning? Quarts are just $50 and gallons are $199. You may pick any paint manufacturer color.

All I need is your name, social, birthdate and either a major credit card number of your checking or savings account routing numbers. The products ship from Uganda and are hand made by villagers that could really use the money. You may incur extra fees getting it through US Customs but we will send you an email about how to claim your purchased product.
Good gravy man, where can I buy some stocks for this, I will have a check in the mail tomorrow (with all my personal information). Tell Bertha she needs to make you behave, she is falling down on the job here. LOL
__________________
New members: Please consider adding your location to your profile.

Jim
BigJim is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigJim For This Useful Post:
mae-ling (10-14-2012)
Old 10-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #28
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 27
Rewards Points: 0
Default

New Moderator: BigJim (aka jiju1943)


how to post a quick test

Jess_718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.