New Member-- Interested In Everything, Yet Have No Experience - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-06-2008, 03:58 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

New Member-- Interested in Everything, Yet Have No Experience

Hello,

Are there any classes you may attend, or groups you may join, in which instructors allow you to use all those expensive tools in a training environment, pointing out your weaknesses and strengths, giving you precious tips that anyone would love to know?

For instance, could I cheaply learn how to tile a floor, or put in a new window, or even learn how to saw wood with the correct tools?

I live near Nashville, Tennessee. Maybe someone here knows of a secret society of non-rich people who learn to do splendid home improvement.

Advertisement

Last edited by count_blabula; 11-06-2008 at 04:50 AM.
count_blabula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
the Musigician

Rewards Points: 2,000

OJT, (on the job training), community colleges, trade schools, etc. can all help, but you need to stop telling people about the SSNRP or it won't be a SECRET any more!

DM

Advertisement

Old 11-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

You're here Count. Plenty of info online and plenty of folks willing to help!

Many home improvement centers and specialty shops (tile, etc) have occasional instructional seminars...Although some tend to make things look easier than they actually are.
Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:29 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 75

I agree with KCtermite, I learned to lay and finish ceramic tile at a Saturday morning workshop at a large box store (orange in color). They made it look easy and in reality for what I needed it was easy and they had all of the great tools you needed to use in the learning process. What the stores or ask a rep what kind of programs they are offering. Im sure the blue store has them also
Richard
faucetman886 is offline   Reply With Quote