My chicken coop is 5*8 and is on wheels so that I can move it every few days.
But the ground is too wet to move it right now. I am trying to brainstorm some ideas for giving the ladies a little extra room - think: side porch. Currently, I move the hens, one-by-one, into a small pen made of 2x2 inch wire mesh. Aside from the obvious problems of chicken wrangling, Hazel occasionally lets herself out of their pen.
Any thoughts? Here are my needs:
- I need the chickens confined - so it needs some sort of roof - yes, they can fly over three feet.
- I need it to be detachable from the main building so I can move the coop around.
- and I want to be able store it easily.
- I'd like it to be b/w 30-50 ft2
- I've been thinking about those folding dog kennels.
- I'd like to find something that is retractable - because I really like to say 'retractable'