Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Need help making an invoice

I've just completed doing a complete remodel of an old farm house that I purchased last year. I'm in the process of converting my construction insurance to home owners insurace. The insurance co. wants some type of invoice showing that all electric and plumping was completed even though I have the receipts for supplies purchased. I had an electrican friend and a retired plumber do the majority of the install for free. I am looking for ideas on how to do an invoice(?) for this to give to the insurance co. They know I had the work done by friends but they want this information for their records showing that the supplies was installed. They suggested I use the material cost for the cost of the project and to indicate a balance remaining of 0 rather than paid in full since I did not pay these friends for their help.

RobertN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Need help making an invoice

Just type up an invoice for "labor to install" however much stuff they put in, and for the amount put "$1 plus friendship."

I think in most cases like this it's just some paper shuffler wanting to check a box on a list of papers that "need" to go into the file.

Once they have something, if it's not acceptable, they'll let you know exactly what else they want it to say.

pyper is offline   Reply With Quote