DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

nail gun?

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  AtlanticWBConst. 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I'm really struggle hammering these upper nails in. I don't have a lot of extra cash right now. Are there reasonably priced nail guns that anyone can recommend? Will I need a compressor? Thanks for your help....

See less See more
#2 ·
For the average nail gun....yes, you will need a compressor....

There is an electric nail gun......it will cost you more than a pneumatic air gun....but is cheaper than buying a compressor as well....

I picked up my Campbell Hausfield compressor AND 3 nail guns (big, med, small) at HD a few years ago for about $300....it was a sale....you really don't need as much as I have....if your wanting just a finishing nailer...then a small 'pancake' compressor will work fine...

Craigs List.....if your lucky you will find someone saleing one cheap.

#12 ·
Keeping in mind that the OP indicated that he did not really want to spend the extra $$ right now, not to mention the fact that a lot of us did a lot of what might be now be considered amazing, before pneumatic nailers were available, at least in the realm of affordability, I think that Ron nailed it a few posts back. Absolutely nothing wrong with this, Joe.

#7 ·
Palm nailers are great for the hammer impaired. You wouldn't want to use one 40 hours a week as nerve and joint damage are a big risk but the occasional use is no threat. They are cheap too. Around $30.

#10 ·
yes you will need a compressor for a pnuematic nailer. harbor freight has nailers and air compressors for a cheap price...perfect for a part time diy'er. i would definitely look into something higher quality if you are doing heavy duty projects though. but they seem to be ok for here and there usage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.