Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #1

Share |
Unhappy

Mysterious hole in my basement

Hi I'm new to the site so I hope I do this right.....yesterday I noticed a random puddle of water at the threshold of my utility room in my basement...I though my dog decided to make that a bathroom spot....but after doing the dishes I noticed the puddle was bigger....after inspecting to see where the water was coming from I found this mysterious hole in the concrete....so I ran the water continuously in the kitchen and found the water was coming out of this hole.....does this mean a pipe has busted underground....does the city cover that or my homeowners insurance? What am I dealing with here???? Please help!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mysterious hole in my basement-img_20140318_130348.jpg   Mysterious hole in my basement-img_20140318_130138.jpg  

narsh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:31 PM   #2

Most likely not the city's responsibility. I can think of no reason for a 1" hole to be interconnected with your house's sewer lines (kitchen sink part of story). That's not to say it isn't possible. You have some kind of underslab leak or drainage issue for sure. It is pretty much impossible to tell you more than that from the pictures. I'd have a plumber out to look at it and camera your drains.

iminaquagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iminaquagmire For This Useful Post:
narsh27 (03-18-2014)
Old 03-18-2014, 02:58 PM   #3

Turn the pictures right side up.

It most likely means that line once a drain connected to it. Or it is a floor drain.
The water backing up could be because your main line is partially clogged and causing a back up. Have you main line cleaned and video inspected. You have to pay for it.
narsh27 (03-18-2014)