Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-01-2006, 10:51 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

my new woodworking videos

Hey everybody. Im not sure if anyone here would be interested, but I have just started a new series of internet videos on woodworking at my website:

http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com

Obviously the show is called The Wood Whisperer and all content is free. This is just something I do for fun.

But the most recent series of videos will give you some general information about refinishing that you might find helpful (and I have 4 more in the pipeline, just on refinishing).

I also try to keep the shows light-hearted and interesting, so check it out. Any guy, or gal, who tinkers around in their garage will probably find the videos useful and informative.

I looked through the forum rules and didnt see any restriction on posting links, but just in case it gets removed, feel free to Google the name "The Wood Whisperer" and you should find it with no problem.

Thanks alot everyone.

Take care,

Marc

thewoodwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:20 PM   #2
rdp

Rewards Points: 75

Hi Marc - I watched "Episode 3 - Refinishing" and thoroughly enjoyed your video. You're a talented guy with good camera presence and the video came across on my home computer with excellent quality. I hope others get an opportunity to take a look at what you have done here ... and also take advantage of what your videos have to offer. Keep up the good work.

Roger

powrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:45 PM   #3

Thanks Roger. i am glad you liked it. Spread the word my friend!! I will have new videos rolling out on a very regular basis so keep checking back. Thanks.

Marc
Old 11-01-2006, 04:40 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to iGotNoTime

Great looking video quality, that's no handicam is it? LOL

Nice job and great content, I look forward to more on your vlog! I only hope I didn't chew up too much of your bandwidth.
iGotNoTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:18 PM   #5
They're all fixer-uppers

Rewards Points: 500

Hi Marc, I haven't had the chance to check these out yet, I dont' have sound here at work. But I intend to. I'm very interested in learning some very very basic techniques in order to build some small things like a basic rectangle desk and a small wine rack and such. Any way, I've been trying to find a good beginner book but dont' really find much out there. EVERYTHING on the net comes at a price - well, at least almost everything.
J187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:38 PM   #6

Thanks for taking the time to check out the page guys. I am really enjoying the process.

We plan on have some basic technique lesson very soon, as well as some basic projects.

But since my shop is a real working shop, I sometimes will get sidetracked and show something out of the typical learning sequence, like the refinishing series. But when an opportunity for good footage arises, I have to jump on it.

So stay tuned and definitely spread the word. Word of mouth has been my best friend lately.
And if any of you are a little curious about me, you can always check out my business webpage at www.marcswoodcreations.com

Thanks guys and happy woodworking!! Watch those fingers.

Marc

edit- J187- enjoy monday's Pats game?? Giants fan myself, but the Pats have become one of the more fun teams to watch.

Last edited by thewoodwhisperer; 11-01-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:46 PM   #7
DIY'er

Rewards Points: 150

I watched the refinishing episode...quality is very good, concepts are very well explained....perfect for someone like me that doesnt really have a lot of experience with it. I will be visiting the site when I have a related project... Great service you are providing.
By the way, I used to live in Phoenix..in the Willow District near 3rd AVE and Mcdowell Near The Willow House... Live in CT now, wish I was out in AZ about this time of year. Good luck to you.

"What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about."
dougrus is offline   Reply With Quote