Mounting An Over The Range Microwave - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Mounting an over the range microwave

Hello,

As we work on our kitchen, we would like to replace the vent hood with an over the range microwave to get the microwave off of the counter.

Currently, there is a cabinet over the vent hood. The cabinet is the same depth as all other cabinets - it does not stick out any. I understand I will have to raise the cabinet to make room for the microwave with enough clearance over the gas range.

We were planning in putting crown molding on the tops of the cabinets. However, I now realize that if the cabinet is raised and still flush with the other cabinets, the crown moulding will be sticking out at that cabinet.

At the home store, a gentleman suggested moving the cabinet out from the wall so that the crown would fit against it nicely.

Any other thoughts on how to make this work?

Advertisement

Illini40 is offline   Reply With Quote