Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 85

more prop help

ok got part one of the giant "fire escape" prop built- show is "West Side Story"- So now that we built part one- we need to build a fasade to go in back- This will be pieces of plywood which will be painted to look like a brick wall with windows..... my thought was to somehow build the fasade as a separate piece and "roll it" out to mate with the fire escape- I'm looking for a good way to mount the plywood on end (like a giant wall) and that will somehow fasten to wheels- since the plywood is thin- I'm not sure it will work- Once it's mated with the rest of the prop- we will screw it to the larger piece for stability.

Huskyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,074

more prop help

When I did plays in high school we had giant canvas backdrops that rolled up above the stage where the lighting was hanging. The art department would paint the different backdrops on them and we would lower them one at a time in front of the other through out the show. Then roll them up after the show ready to drop for the next show.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 676

more prop help

Many times, things like that are mounted onto a 4 x 8 rolling platform, 2x4 construction with a plywood top. You can use one long side in one short side or more, if required. You can use one side for one scene and turn it around to use the other side for a different scene. I've even built 3 scenes on one by having sections on hinges to fold out. Be sure to put a couple of foot brakes on any of your rolling platforms.
Msradell is offline   Reply With Quote