Monitor Heater Repair - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-27-2007, 07:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

monitor heater repair

I have a monitor heater 441 which is about 6 years old now and I had to replace the combustion ring and a couple years later I had to replace the whole burn chamber. I did the work myself and had no problems however I'm having a hard time finding the proper gaskets to replace the old ones. A local dealer seemed reluctant to sell me the gaskets and also reluctant to give any helpful info. It seems they want to service my heater themselves to make money. All I need is to find the correct gasket to fit the bottom of the combustion chamber. The one they sold me does not look like it is the right one. There is an opening in the center of the base where it sits and the gasket they sold me will cover that opening. Also it looks too small. It should fit flush around the outer edge of the combustion chamber including the screw holes and is way too small for that. I think they sold me the wrong one but it's been a couple years and I don't think they'll take it back or give me any info I can use. Can someone please help me find the correct gasket and/or an illustrated repair manual for monitor 441. They had an exploded view of all parts for their own use but I can't find one anywhere, even online.

Advertisement

handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:33 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

monitor heater repair

Hi handyman
I just searched on google for MONITOR HEATER 441
and on their website they have downloadable product manuals and the 441 model is one they still have available. It is pretty hefty download so it looks like the whole manual. There may be a gasket diagram there that can be enlarged to scale (computer graphics program) and then printed out using several sheets of paper IF your graphics program and printer will do this.
I have a monitor in this house and we love it. My dad put it in a few years before we bought it from him and he was given a Traceable Gasket sheet when it was installed so a new gasket could be cut out whenever needed.
http://monitorproducts.com/manuals/index.html

Advertisement

Simbabluenobi is offline   Reply With Quote