Missing Woodgate Cabinets!!!! - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Missing woodgate cabinets!!!!

Hello everyone!

I had previously purchased stock kitchen cabinets from lowes which were (woodgate) right before thanksgiving but never got a
chance to finish some of my upper ones. Went there today to find
out that they had discontinued them the 1st of this year!! I do
not know where to go to get them now to finish!!

Advertisement

bernstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernstrong View Post
Hello everyone!

I had previously purchased stock kitchen cabinets from lowes which were (woodgate) right before thanksgiving but never got a
chance to finish some of my upper ones. Went there today to find
out that they had discontinued them the 1st of this year!! I do
not know where to go to get them now to finish!!
Didn't the cabinets you bought have paperwork included in the box with the companies name and address?
Did you ask Lowes for a contact name and address and phone #?
Did you look for them on the internet?
What have you done so far to find them?
Ron
I just did a search for "Woodgate cabinets" and came up with 17,000 hits.

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:18 PM   #3

did not keep the paper work cuz i thought i could just back to lowes again and every site i go to takes me somewhere else. i did call lowes and they gave me a number for customer service for woodgate i am going to cal them tomorrow and hope they still have what lowes had in stock so i can finish
bernstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernstrong View Post
did not keep the paper work cuz i thought i could just back to lowes again and every site i go to takes me somewhere else. i did call lowes and they gave me a number for customer service for woodgate i am going to cal them tomorrow and hope they still have what lowes had in stock so i can finish
I always keep the paperwork. You can't receive warranty service if you can't contact the company. When I do jobs for customers, they get all the paperwork for the job in a binder. With a kitchen or bath there are usually a dozen of so companies in there. It makes it easier when I go back for service to have the make and model # of that delta faucet, so I can order the correct valve stem instead of playing, "Where's Waldo" on the internet.
All those valve stems look pretty much alike.
Ron
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ron6519 For This Useful Post:
operagost (01-30-2013), Willie T (02-25-2011)
Old 02-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 75

I am experiencing the same problem with Woodgate in "saddle" finish. Wondering if you were able to get any info. Thanks!
ClnlBrahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #6

Exclamation

I am having the same problem not being able to find a Woodgate cabinet to complete my kitchen. Went to lowes today and found they are gone. I need a 30x12 oak upper cabinet and cannot find it anywhere online. Did you guys have any luck?? Do you have a number that I can contact Woodgate at? Any help would be very appreciated! I am in a bind here
kgillette85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgillette85 View Post
I am having the same problem not being able to find a Woodgate cabinet to complete my kitchen. Went to lowes today and found they are gone. I need a 30x12 oak upper cabinet and cannot find it anywhere online. Did you guys have any luck?? Do you have a number that I can contact Woodgate at? Any help would be very appreciated! I am in a bind here
Unless Woodgate cabinetry is now in witness protection, wouldn't it be simpler to just contact them directly?
Ron
Old 04-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 2,222

You'd better hope that what you got at Lowe's wasn't a special style or finish made just for Lowe's. It happens.
md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #9

Bernstrong can you post the customer service number?

Last edited by DetroitCat; 05-01-2011 at 08:43 PM.
DetroitCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #10

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClnlBrahm View Post
I am experiencing the same problem with Woodgate in "saddle" finish. Wondering if you were able to get any info. Thanks!
Do you have any left over woodgate saddle crown molding? I need a least 3ft and willing to purchase.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #11

I purchased some preglued maple veneer from a local manufacturer to refinish a china cabinet and applied just a clear polyurethane to the finish. I was so amazed how close it resemble my Woodgate Saddle Wood Cabinets. This is a great option for those who cannot find the original cabinets. Please no however, the veneer panel are very expensive. I paid about $160 for a preglued 4 X 8 ft panel. In the end it was worth it. The finish look amazing. Now if I could only find the Woodgate Saddle Wood Crown Molding to finish the trim, this would be great.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron6519 View Post
Unless Woodgate cabinetry is now in witness protection, wouldn't it be simpler to just contact them directly?
Ron
I found out that some of the woodgate discontinued cabinet were donated to our local Habitat for Humanity. So you may want to try yours. If not, research the glue and iron on veneer panels. I found a local manufacturer, took a sample with me, and the sales guy was able to match my cabinets perfectly.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitCat View Post
I found out that some of the woodgate discontinued cabinet were donated to our local Habitat for Humanity. So you may want to try yours. If not, research the glue and iron on veneer panels. I found a local manufacturer, took a sample with me, and the sales guy was able to match my cabinets perfectly.
Looks like Habitat for Humanity is the place to go to find Woodgate Cabinets. My local HFH had a few of each finish still in their boxes and trim as well. Very excited to find my crown molding. Good luck to everyone.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #14

Lightbulb

Hi. I am now in the same boat as you were then...
Have you come up with any leads ? Were you able to locate a supplier for additional "Woodgate" cabinets.
Corkery Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #15

Unfortunately the factory that created the line of cabinets for Lowes has closed. The machinery no longer is in their posession. I spent plenty of time trying to track down the lone wall cabinet I needed to complete my kitchen. It led me to Masco...the parent company of Woodgate. Masco in turn gave me a number for Woodgate which is 1-800-441-0337. Upon calling them, they informed me I was out of luck and no cabinets remain in production for this line.

Advertisement

keaner17 is offline   Reply With Quote