Masonite Brand Shelving Supports - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Masonite brand shelving supports

Our sitting room has wood paneling made by a company called Masonite Corporation, which has apparently long been out of business. The paneling is quite nice, and embedded between the panels are the tracks for shelving, and I have to say the tracks are beautifully hidden. The previous owners left us with a few shelf supports, but I want to locate more so that we can use an entire wall for the extensive family library and knick-knack collection. The problem I am having is that none of the shelf supports I have come across on the market today fit because (1) the teeth that go into the track are set too far apart now and (2) the metal of the teeth nowadays is about 1/32" too thick. I would love to locate shelf supports for this application, but I have been all over and feel like I'm chasing my tail more effectively than chasing down these shelf supports. The paneling appears to have originally been sold under the names Holdol, Living Wall and/or Royalcote Living Wall, all by the Masonite Corporation which was once out of Chicago. Bright ideas TRULY appreciated!

Advertisement

OurHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

The company is still in business.
http://www.masonite.com/

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ron6519 For This Useful Post:
OurHouse (10-01-2011)
Old 10-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Interesting. I Googled like crazy and all I found was their doors, but in the history I see on their site it does look like they are one in the same, even though there are no references to these shelves on the net since the 1960's. Let's hope they still have some backstock of the supports
OurHouse is offline   Reply With Quote