DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   General DIY Discussions (
-   -   Looking for a Rectangular Carabiner type product (

tuffluck 02-15-2013 09:30 AM

Looking for a Rectangular Carabiner type product
i am looking for something like this, but a little bit longer (about 3"):

basically i have two inch-long loops that are about 3" apart from each other. i want to have a rectangular metal device that hooks through both. since the loops are fixed and cannot be open/closed, i need this contraption to open and close, or unlock and lock together once in place. i do not care if it is actually a carabiner. anyone have any guesses? i have had trouble searching for it, but that may be just because i don't know the right term.

Canarywood1 02-15-2013 11:04 AM

Take a look here.

Bumpr1080 02-15-2013 11:27 PM

Sounds like you may be able to utilize some kind of rigging or safety equipment. We use them for heavy and high angle rescue. Here:

joecaption 02-16-2013 08:18 AM

How much weight are you expecting this to hold?
Does it have anything to do with support a person?
Any local hardware, farm supply or box store will have ones that look like the ones you have in the picture but there going to have rounded loops not square like in that picture.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.