Looking For New Vinyl Windows-Need Advice - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-22-2008, 03:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 382

Looking for New Vinyl Windows-Need Advice

Can anyone give me advice on what to look for as far as new home vinyl windows? There are soo many out there with a multitude of styles, prices, brands etc. Of course all of the box stores carry their own brands as well. Are they just as good as the Andersen, Champion, Thermal King etc? Are they all made by a few mfg's under different names? Brands to stay away from? I live in a climate that gets very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter so this needs to be taken into account. Please help educate me and help me narrow down my choices so I don't totally blow my money. Thanks!

Advertisement

kennykenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
BDN

Rewards Points: 10

If you're close to Columbus, OH. I would suggest giving Improve it a call. I went through them and I'm very satisfied with the product and the service. They also offer a lifetime free in home replacement on the glass ,the frame, and the screens, as long as you get them in once a year to inspect them.

Advertisement

johnnydanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 04:13 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 382

Is Improve the company that sold the product or the name of the mfg of the window. I'm in Kansas.
kennykenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
BDN

Rewards Points: 10

They are a local company, and I checked there website and could not find out who makes the windows. Sorry.
johnnydanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:56 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,000

After looking at several, I opted for windows from Milgard - value of moderate price and good quality.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote