Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Looking for free sites that compare home items?

About 10 years ago I had sites saved that compared various items like toilets, dishwashers, refrigerators, whirlpools, shower heads, faucets etc. For example I was remodeling and that was how I learned abot Toto toilets. The sites would compares toilets in various categories like telling how many golf balls or ping pong balls various toilets could flush. It would also compare how well various toilets cleaned the bowls with each flush and how large of a water circle each toilet had, etc. I will be having a house built and am looking for some good free sites that compare all the various home products. I will have options to choose appliances, water heaters, whirlpools, toilets flooring, cabinets etc.
Thank you for any help in finding sites like that.

eddiegorniakjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 2,474

Looking for free sites that compare home items?

Free? Free means someone is paying for a favorable review....

CU 'used' to be the go to place....but any more I'm starting to feel like there might be some 'payola' going on there.....and it's not free.

In a nutshell....most of the 'review' sites are basically padded by the manuf....some of the reviews are pretty obvious....especially when the review sounds like a sales pitch touting all the features. (very common on Amazon) The ones I believe are the ones that are about 2 lines. "Piece of crap dryer....eats belts. The controller board has been replaced 5 times."....or "Love this thing. Wish I had bought one sooner."

Short, sweet and to the point.....

In my buisness, you can tell if someone is lying by how long the story is....the more they talk, the greater the chance what they are saying is a lie.

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote