Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

LiftMaster opener problem

I have a LiftMaster professional model 2265-267. Circuit board 41A5483.

The problem is very intermittent. Sometimes when opening or closing it just STOPS. It stops like someone pulled the power chord. It has done it at all heights. Sometimes it will stop only once or maybe 3 or 4 times while opening or closing. Sometimes it will open and close fine without any problems. When it happens I just have to keep hitting the opener until it works again. It has this problem with all of the remotes.

Could this need a new board?

CS'56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 6

Does the the light on the opener flash when it acts up? If so, count the number of times that it flashes, and check your owners manual, as I believe that you will find a trouble code in there. Next I would make sure that the receptacle that it is plugged into is secure to the ceiling, and that the unit operates smoothly; although not common, I have encountered a few where the opener vibrated enough to cause the plug to jiggle around in the receptacle. Then I would check that the force controls are set per the owners manual. If none of these pan out, check the owners manual for any other tips, but yes, it seems possible that your board is starting to go. No owners manual? Check the LiftMaster website, as I have never had problem finding one posted there. Oh, and first thing last, I always start by disconnecting the opener from the door, and operating the door manually, just to make sure that you don't have an issue with springs out of adjustment, bent tracks, worn rollers, etc. You should be able to open an close a properly adjusted door by hand, and it should stay in the fully lowered or fully raised position by itself, but be careful, as a garage door with improperly adjusted or worn or damaged springs can come down on you, HARD.

DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:43 PM   #3

Does the issue occur with the wall control?
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #4

The problem also occurs with the wall control.
I have checked for loose connections on the power chord. I pulled the board and made sure the connectors are secure. I disconnected the opener and raised the garage door up and down by hand with ease. The operator runs very smooth.
When the unit stops it acts like it lost power. It stops the door but not abruptly. If the door is moving down and the operator gives out, it might still travel another inch or two. The light doesn't flash with the distinctive clicks. It just shuts off and then on 1 time very fast like someone flicked a light switch. It doesn't act at all like it does when it is flashing a code with the clicking noise.
I still need to check the force controls.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #5

Did you check the electric aspect of this?
Cord? Outlet? Internal connections?
How old is the unit?
Old 07-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #6

I replaced the circuit board and it fixed the problem
Old 07-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS'56 View Post
I replaced the circuit board and it fixed the problem
What did the board cost?
You might want to install a surge protector in case of electric storms or power surges.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #8

$70 shipped