Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:12 AM   #1

Share |
Smile

Kraft Maid Cabinets

We are building a new house and looking at Kitchen cabinets by Kraft Maid.

I am not familiar with this brand of cabinet.

Any comments???

mrsbldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #2

Kraft Maid Cabinets

Back when we were thinking about getting new cabinets, I seriously considered KraftMaid cabinets. I thought for the money the quality was pretty good.

I'm just a homeowner, so take my opinion for what it's worth. Maybe a pro will be along soon that can give a more in depth review of them.

ACobra289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:17 PM   #3
BUILDER / REMODELING CONT

Kraft Maid Cabinets

As a builder and remodeler I have purchased the best and the worst it all comes down to the customer's budget.
I have spent well over 100,000 on custom cabinets.for customers and I have kraftmade in my house and have had no complaints with them, I went with there high end all plywood construction cabinet with the bells and whistles, They have my vote. Plus I get my Discount. But there are by sure there are other companies out there that i have no experience with.
other posters would know. But like i said I have no problems with them. It also has to do with how you take care of them. Good luck BOB
buletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #4

Kraft Maid Cabinets

Quote:
Originally Posted by buletbob View Post
As a builder and remodeler I have purchased the best and the worst it all comes down to the customer's budget.
I have spent well over 100,000 on custom cabinets.for customers and I have kraftmade in my house and have had no complaints with them, I went with there high end all plywood construction cabinet with the bells and whistles, They have my vote. Plus I get my Discount. But there are by sure there are other companies out there that i have no experience with.
other posters would know. But like i said I have no problems with them. It also has to do with how you take care of them. Good luck BOB
Although I don't have personal experience with Kraft Made, Bob's a credible guy and knows his stuff. I'd take his recommendation under serious consideration!
Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #5

Kraft Maid Cabinets

We used their middle of the road cabinets in a previous house -- and bought them from Home Depot. We had several people marvel at our kitchen and ask which kitchen designer did it. (I did, but didn't tell them!). I think they are fine and durable, lots of nice styles.
Allison1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #6

Kraft Maid Cabinets

Hi,

I have used Kraftmade a couple times with no problems and they we're beautiful. I have also used American Woodmark (not so great) and the (low budget) Mills Pride. Funny thing, the Mills Pride worked out really well but maybe I wasn't expecting much to begin with.
rtibbs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:00 PM   #7
Nia

Kraft Maid Cabinets

Hi,
I haven't installed Kraft Maid but have used other brands. Depending on your budget you can shop online and contact your local cabinet makers for more options. I have found good quality cabinets for customers this way.

Nia
Nia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #8
Edie

Kraft Maid Cabinets

Here's a photo of a kitchen I did using Kraft Made (higher end)... great cabinetry! Unfortunately this photo was taken while the house was still under renos so it's not "decorated"

Last edited by EdinDesign; 09-08-2008 at 05:05 PM.
EdinDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #9

Kraft Maid Cabinets

when we built our house, our cabinet sub offered Timberlake. It is the same as American Woodmark I believe but only sold through builders. we have been very pleased and it is probaly alot less then Kraftmaid. You can upgrade like metal undermount slides, glazing, plywood sides, etc based on your needs and $$$.
ugabulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #10

Kraft Maid Cabinets

I redid two kitchens, one with KraftMaid, one with WoodMark. Both were good, but I definitely like the KraftMaid better. They have a lot of great options.
BikerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #11
Old School

Location: St. Petersburg, FL Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond them.

Kraft Maid Cabinets

I was disappointed with the last set of Kraft Maid I installed this summer. They looked great, but much of the attachment hardware was staples through plastic. And two of the drawer slides (center mount) had come loose before I even took them out of the boxes. And several more were misaligned at the attachment staples. Hardware and finish seemed of good quality, though.

Willie T is offline   Reply With Quote