Kitchen Drawer That Sticks - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-19-2008, 05:10 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Kitchen drawer that sticks

I have a kitchen cabinet (Mills Pride Classic from Home Depot) that has a drawer that sticks. I've pulled out the cabinet and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the track, nor can I see anything wrong with the half of the track connected to the drawer. It slides in a couple times, then will get stuck in. If I pull out and to the left, the drawer comes out, but I can't pull it straight out.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix it? My 9 year old keeps ripping the face of the drawer off the box everytime it gets stuck.

Advertisement

rballard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:36 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

This is one of those problems that is pretty tough to diagnose without actually standing there looking at it.

Advertisement

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:38 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 526

I agree,it is hard to diagnose,,,is it straight enough to come in and out?? My first thought,,,grab a bar of soap,,that IS antique in itself,,,but rub onto all surfaces of contact,,might be surprised how easy it works then!!
4just1don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:23 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 250

Sounds like the track is slightly warped. You probably can't see it, but maybe if you could loosen the screws holding the track, then slide the drawer in and out a few times, and finally re-tighten the screws it might help.

The next thing to try is a good silicone spray on the track. LPS is the best.

FW
fw2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 10

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I know it's hard to diagnose without seeing, but you've given me some great ideas to try.
rballard is offline   Reply With Quote