KITCHEN CUPBOARDS!! In A Mess! - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-01-2006, 02:38 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Unhappy

KITCHEN CUPBOARDS!! in a mess!

So here's the thing. We're renting out our place, and we decided to take on the project of refinishing the cupboards. So once we started stripping the wood, we noticed, the wood is 50 years old, very cheap from the time it was built, and it's rotten. So here's the thing. Now we'd like to go out and get some new cupboard doors. We have 16 in total. I would like to know, first off, about how much do cupboard doors cost??...(Canadian), I understand it depends on the size, but I really have NO clue what to expect for prices...and also.... What's the cheapest cupboards we could put to repair the damage? Because personally, I don't want to spiff up the place because it's not where we want to be for the rest of our lives. We eventually want a house. If anyone has any advice at all, please let me know. This is driving me over the edge!...

Advertisement

ashleyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:55 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

KITCHEN CUPBOARDS!! in a mess!

If I were you I would get a couple of quotes from Cabinet Makers for making new doors. Its a little hard to price out without looking at the kitchen. Keep in mind the simpler the design the less exspensive it will be and you coud always finish the doors yourself to help keep the costs down as well as installing them to.
Another route is Assemble yourself cabinets which means tearing out whats there and installing new ones but you would have to deal with the counter tops as well. If you measure your kitchen out exactly and go to your local big box store they will do you up a plan and estimate.
I have done a few of these now and there not all to bad infact one was about 7 years ago and still going strong.

Advertisement

Darylh is offline   Reply With Quote