Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-23-2010, 07:42 AM   #1
I ask the impossible!

Share |

Just a vent about my building department

I try to do the right thing and get permits and inspections every time they're required, but the city I'm living in is testing my patience a bit.

I've pulled 2 rounds of permits, first I pulled a building permit for roofing, then I pulled mechanical and plumbing permits for gas pipes and a dishwasher. Same time as the mechanical and plumbing, I submitted plans for a building permit for adding structural beams.

Once the plan was reviewed, I went to pick up the permit, but they wanted to charge more than I expected so I had to hold off. It doesn't have any bearing on any of the other projects, but when I called to get final inspection on the roof, the plumbing and mechanical they said they won't do it until I pay for the building permit for the beams.

WillK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:06 AM   #2

Just a vent about my building department

One does not anything to do with the other. Seems typical of city/state/federal bureaucracies. Helping the people that pay their salaries is never formost for them. You are there to serve them, not the other way around.

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote