Insulation - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-01-2008, 07:14 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

insulation

hi not been in a new 4bed house long we are useing a lot of gas c/heating to heatup i have had a check on the cavity walls and the builders have forgot to fix any inulation with in the cavity voids undercontruction, have they sold me a house no fit for purpose and to put right i do not want holes drilled in the new brick work so as they can pump insulation in the cavity,s can i get my money back under the consumer act.

Advertisement

page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,508

insulation

They can do it from the inside if needed, not the outside. Whoever told you so was incorrect. BTW, what part of the country do you live in, and what temp is your Thermostat set at? It is possible that the HVAC system was undersized for the home, not poor insulation.

Advertisement

gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

insulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzoll View Post
They can do it from the inside if needed, not the outside. Whoever told you so was incorrect. BTW, what part of the country do you live in, and what temp is your Thermostat set at? It is possible that the HVAC system was undersized for the home, not poor insulation.
Hi the heating engineer as calulated for the type of house and themal loss throuth the fabric of the walls and roof the u valued is 1.2 with the insulation, but if missing ??? the constrution is two skin walls one 100mm block 100mm of insulation 100mm brick, moisture contend of brick is 25 % is this any help. live in the north
page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #4
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,508

insulation

Up North could mean at the Artic Circle, or Bering Sea.
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 268

insulation

A cavity between brick veneer and the structure is typical a construction detail. You don't want to be filling the cavity with insulation, unless you're looking for bigger problems.
rustyjames is online now   Reply With Quote