Illinois And Their Odd Laws - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-31-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,448

Illinois and their odd laws

Since when, did Pro-grade acid Drain cleaner become a controlled substance? I had to sign my life away to purchase some at my local Ace Hardware today.

Advertisement

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,576

Quote:
Since when, did Pro-grade acid Drain cleaner become a controlled substance? I had to sign my life away to purchase some at my local Ace Hardware today.
That's the Illinois I remember!

Maybe you should ask your old Governor that question. OH WAIT! He's in prison.

Well then maybe you could ask his predecessor. OH WAIT! That Illinois Governor is in prison too.

Well damn!

Is the current Governor on trial for anything yet? You could ask him.

Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
Pro Flooring Installer

Rewards Points: 2,292

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzoll View Post
Same thing in Missouri.
rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #4
Retired from the grind

More like the idiots that run the ISP and the sheriffs of the counties, along with good old Lisa Madigan. Quinn can hardly find Springfield, let alone show up here for work as he should. Him and everyone else in charge seems to think that Chicago is the capital of the state, and nothing happens outside of Crook & the collar counties.

And the worst part is, I work for the state and can not explain the amount of stupid that comes out of our Cook office that I deal with all day long.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
Old 12-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
Civil Engineer

Rewards Points: 2,172

Maybe they can be used to make methamphetamine, like cold syrup (remember when you could actually buy cold syrup without a prescription?).
Daniel Holzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
Retired from the grind

I did finally get whatever was clogging after plunging, due to the acid did not completely eat it, but I showed whatever was clogging the waste line who was boss.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:39 PM   #7
MarginallyQualified

Rewards Points: 2,230

After 9/11 the fear mongers got all sorts of materials tighter controls.
TarheelTerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #8
Pro Flooring Installer

We have some of the strictest rules on meth making ingredients in the country, but according to the government, the SW Mo. and SE KS area, is the meth producing capitol of the U.S. They need to figure out something else.

Meanwhile, if I have a cold and want a prescription medicine, the cold will be over before I can get into the Dr. in a couple weeks.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #9
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,576

Quote:
We have some of the strictest rules on meth making ingredients in the country, but according to the government, the SW Mo. and SE KS area, is the meth producing capitol of the U.S. They need to figure out something else.
Just sit tight another year. If Paul is elected President he will legalize drugs anyway and everyone's worries will be over.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:07 PM   #10
Pro Flooring Installer

I know the perfect candidate.

"What, Me Worry?"
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to rusty baker For This Useful Post:
gregzoll (12-31-2011)
Old 12-31-2011, 04:30 PM   #11
Retired from the grind

And btw, I just also learned something. Close the drain to the tub when using it. It looks like it exploded all the way into the tub on the first floor. Now the tub is a pretty gross brown etched color. At least we are getting it re-bathed this Summer, so I do not have to worry about it looking like that.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #12
Retired from the grind

Looks like Ace was getting a leg up on the law that goes in effect on the 1st http://www.pantagraph.com/news/state...871e3ce6c.html That is what I get for our po-dunk newspaper that never prints anything until five weeks after it happens.

Advertisement